Amit Panghal was born on 16 October 1995 in the Maina village of Rohtak district of Haryana. His father is a farmer by profession and he comes from a poor household. His family was so poor that he could not afford Amit's boxing expenses. He used to borrow boxing gloves from his friends to practice boxing in his childhood. Being from a poor family, Panghal had to face a lot of difficulties in Dagar, but he did not give up and faced them in the same way as he treats his opponents in the ring. Amit Panghal's brother Ajay Panghal inspired him to take up boxing, who constantly supported him.
Ajay himself was a national-level boxer, but he decided to quit boxing to help his younger brother. He joined the Indian Army to help his brother pursue a career in boxing. Amit Panghal is also a Subedar in the army. In boxing, he has made his brother and the whole country proud. He has been at the top for the last year. He is the first Olympic-going Indian boxer to be ranked number one in his category. Earlier he used to play in the 48 kg weight category, but the International Boxing Association (AIBA) removed this weight category from the Olympics. After this, he shifted to the 52 kg weight category.
Achievements of Amit Panghal
- 2021 Asian Championships (Dubai)-Silver (Flyweight)
- 2019 World Boxing Championships (Yekaterinburg) - Silver (flyweight)
- 2019 Asian Championships (Bangkok) - Gold (Flyweight)
- 2018 Asian Games (Jakarta Palembang) - Gold (Light Flyweight)
- 2018 Commonwealth Games (Gold Coast) - Silver (Light Flyweight)
- 2017 Asian Championships (Tashkent) - Tashkent (Light Flyweight)