It is extremely important to stay healthy and fit during pregnancy. Doing yoga is very beneficial to stay fit. Due to which the mother and the child remain healthy as well as during the delivery also there is no need to face many problems. It reduces their anxiety and this helps the woman to remain calm and worry-free during pregnancy and beyond. Yoga exercises are different in each stage of pregnancy. Therefore, you should do yoga under the supervision of a health expert after consulting your doctor.
Yoga practice is a great way to relieve pain and stress during pregnancy. Women who do yoga during pregnancy can feel comfortable in the following problems:
• Risk of preeclampsia, or high blood pressure during pregnancy
• labor pain
Yoga postures for pregnant women
Below are some yoga postures that can help reduce pregnancy-related problems or increase strength:
• Cat to Cow: This twisting technique is very effective for relieving back pain.
• Garland: This deep squat helps bring the child down to the proper position.
• Happy Baby: This yoga pose helps in relaxing the lower back muscles. This is an inverted pose, so before trying it, consult your doctor and yoga instructor.
• Leg You The Wall: This reverse pose can help reduce swelling in your feet and ankles. Before doing this, please consult your doctor and yoga instructor.
• Planks: This helps in strengthening the lower abdomen, which is essential for delivery and subsequent recovery. Doing planks can be difficult as you enter the growing phase of pregnancy, so don't put too much pressure on yourself.
• Warriors: This standing pose is one of the common exercises to build overall strength. You can also do double duty by doing Kegel exercises at the same time, which helps with labor and recovery after childbirth.
Post-delivery yoga also helps in overcoming postpartum depression, which is a serious problem for many women. Yoga can help regain core strength, thereby reducing the risk of pelvic floor irregularities related to childbirth.
Take some precautions
• Give your trainer every necessary information related to pregnancy so that he can suggest beneficial and convenient postures for you.
• After the first trimester, any type of yoga posture related to the waist should be avoided. This reduces the flow of blood towards the uterus.
• Avoid stretching the muscles too much.
• Do yoga postures for as long as you can comfortably. Don't put too much stress on yourself. Take care of your body as well, so that there is no discomfort of any kind.
• Take care of your knees. Don't spread them too much.
• Practice yoga during pregnancy only under expert guidance. Avoid copying DVDs and videos, as they will not be able to recognize the mistakes you make and may put your health at risk.
• Don't put too much stress on yourself and don't forget to rest. If you are feeling tired, take some rest.