Mulberry is as delicious as it is beneficial for our bodies. There are many benefits of mulberry in Ayurveda. Potassium, vitamin A and phosphorus are found in abundance in mulberry. It provides great benefits to skin diseases. At the same time, blood also plays an important role in smooth circulation. The special thing is that along with mulberry, its leaves are also used in many diseases. Applying mulberry leaves on wounds or boils is also beneficial. Wounds heal very quickly with its use. If you have a problem with itching, then the paste of its leaves will be beneficial. Boiling mulberry leaves in water and gargling with that water cures throat soreness. In such a situation, today we are going to tell you about the benefits of consuming mulberry.
Scientific name: Morus alba - Morus alba
Average length: 10-20 meters
- Calcium is found in abundance in white mulberry. This makes bones stronger.
- Polyphenols and Flavonoids are found in mulberry. Helpful in reducing the risks of cancer.
- Mulberry contains high amounts of dietary fiber and linoleic acid. It controls the level of cholesterol.
- Mulberry has a hyperglycemic effect, which increases the activation of insulin in the body and helps reduce excess sugar in the blood.
- It has cytoprotective (protecting cells from damage) and neuroprotective (eliminating nervous system-related) effects. Beneficial for mental health.
- Vitamin-E is found in plenty in mulberry. This increases the light of the eyes as well as removes the stress on them.
- Zinc and manganese are found in good quantity in it. Of these, zinc mainly helps in maintaining the body's resistance.
- In mulberry, a phytonutrient named cyaniding 3-glucoside is found. It cleanses the blood. Also improves blood circulation.
- Mulberry has anti-hemolytic (enhancing hemoglobin levels) (anti-hemolytic) effect which can reduce the risk of anemia to a great extent.
- Eating mulberry provides relief in liver diseases. It is also very beneficial for the kidney.
- Consumption of mulberry in summer reduces the risk of sunstroke.
- Mulberry is also very beneficial in many problems related to urine.
Let me tell you, white mulberry is cultivated to feed silkworms. It is highly cultivated in the states of Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Jharkhand, Madhya Pradesh, Haryana, Punjab, Himachal Pradesh, etc. in North India.