The situation is becoming uncontrollable due to the outbreak of the second wave of Coronavirus in the country. A large number of corona patients need oxygen, but due to the acute shortage of oxygen across the country, many patients are losing their lives. Given such a situation, the Health Ministry has suggested some easy methods of breathing for the patients who are having trouble breathing. The pruning process can greatly help corona patients improve their oxygen levels. Especially those patients who are living in home isolation. Pruning is the process of moving the back of a patient in a precise and safe manner so that the face is kept in a downward posture.
What is prone?
- Proening is a type of procedure by which the patient can maintain his oxygen level on his own.
- Prone position oxygenation technique is effective up to 80 percent.
- This process is medically acceptable, it has to be done by lying on the stomach.
- It improves breathing and supports oxygen levels.
When to do this process
- This procedure has to be adopted when the corona patient is having trouble breathing and the oxygen level falls below 94.
- If you are in home isolation, keep checking your oxygen level from time to time.
- Keep measuring fever, blood pressure, blood sugar also from time to time.
- With the right procedure on time, proneing helps save many lives.
How to do
Let the patient lie on the abdomen for the procedure.
Place a pillow under the neck, then put one or two pillows under the chest and abdomen equally and keep two pillows under the toes.
The patient benefits from lying in this position for 30 minutes to 2 hours.
It is important to change the patient's lying position every 30 minutes to two hours.
After this the patient
Oxygen level does not fall
- In this process, blood circulation in the lungs starts to be good.
- Fluid present in the lungs starts to move here and there.
- This keeps oxygen in the langs easily.
- The oxygen level does not drop.
When not too prone
- Do not process the pruning immediately after eating food.
- Follow this process at least one hour after eating food.
- Do not do this even if you are pregnant, have a severe chordic condition.
- If there is a spinal problem or fracture in the body, do not adopt this process.