For how many people: 2
Oats - 3/4 cup (ground), Semolina - 2 tbsp, Red chili powder - 1 tsp, Cumin powder - 1 tsp, Turmeric powder - 1 tsp, Coriander powder - 1 tsp, Salt - as per taste, Fenugreek leaves - 2 Cup (chopped and washed), Green chili - 1 finely chopped, Curd - 3 tbsp, Water - as required for the tempering
Oil - 1 tbsp, Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp, Sesame - 1/2 tsp
- Mix ground oats, semolina, salt, and all spices in a bowl.
- Now add green chili and chopped fenugreek to it and mix well with hands.
- Knead it well while adding curd. The dough should be hard, not soft and water should not be used at all. Yes, if the curd is too thick then you may have to use a little water.
- Now fill a vessel or steamer with 1-1/2 inches of water and put it on the gas to boil.
- Now take a tray and apply oil or ghee to it.
- Divide the dough you have prepared into two to three parts and make 6 inch long rolls out of it.
- Keep it in the tray and cook it in steam for at least 10-12 minutes. Check with a knife whether it is cooked or not.
- After removing it from the steamer, let it cool down well.
- After that cut it with the help of a knife. To cut the muthia well, apply oil on the knife.
- After this, heat 1 teaspoon oil in another pan.
- Add tadka to it with mustard seeds and sesame seeds.
- After that add chopped muthia to it.
- Saute for a while, then take it out on a plate and serve it hot.