Gargle in this way at home to remove throat pain, swelling, and sore throat.
The changing weather also affects health. Usually, due to cold and heat, the throat becomes sore, and then coughs and colds occur. Sore throat is a very common problem, but this condition is quite painful and irritating.
A sore throat neither feels like speaking nor has the heart to eat anything. There are many ways to get rid of this problem. You can overcome this problem by taking good medicine on the advice of the doctor. But there is an indigenous remedy to this problem and that is to gargle.
Sometimes doctors also recommend gargling because it is the easiest and most effective way to protect the throat. Gargling not only removes sore throat but also has many other benefits.
Nutritionist Shikha Sharma has shared a post related to it on her Instagram. In this post, he has told what the method of gargling is and what its benefits are. She says, "A lot of people are experiencing a sore throat because of the COVID-19 infection. Sore throat also hurts even in common cough and cold. If gargling is done, this problem can be got rid of in a short time. Gargle with these things
Gargle with basil water - To overcome the problem of cold and cough, you can gargle with basil water. It provides relief in sore throat, swelling, and pain in all three. Tulsi is rich in anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties. Gargling with basil water also helps in mouthwash.
Gargle with turmeric and saltwater- Salt is an anti-bacterial and destroys the bacteria present inside the mouth. It is also anti-inflammatory and reduces inflammation of the throat. At the same time, turmeric reduces throat pain. This can also reduce the problem of soreness.
Gargle with Triphala water - Triphala also has anti-inflammatory properties. If there is swelling in the throat, you can gargle with Triphala water. Let me tell you that gargling with the water of Triphala gives relief in pain of tonsils too.
How to gargle-
- First, understand your problem and then according to that decide what you want to gargle with.
- You can gargle with any kind of hot and ordinary water. It is usually advisable to gargle with hot water for throat problems.
- Now prepare the mixture and pour it into a glass.
- Take this mixture in the mouth and rotate it well inside the mouth. After this, take the mixture inside the throat as much as possible.
- Tilt the head backward and also pull the tongue backward and release the air out of the mouth.
- Do this for at least 2 seconds and then pour the water out.
- Repeat this process at least 5-10 times.
Note- Doctor Shikha says, "If you have a sore throat or a cough, you should gargle after 2-3 days in a day."
Benefits of gargling-
- Garbage should be garnered to destroy the bacteria in the throat which can be harmful to your health.
- If you gargle regularly, it clears your tongue and also removes the smell of the mouth.
- Gargle also removes food stuck in the throat and teeth.
- If there are blisters in the throat or mouth, then gargling provides relief.
- If there is pain in the teeth due to the cavity, then gargling with clove water will be beneficial.
- If there is a problem of swelling or bleeding in the gums, then you should gargle, this will benefit you.
- If you have a dry cough, then you can overcome this problem by gargling.
- If mucus has accumulated in your throat and respiratory tract, due to which you are having trouble breathing, then you will get relief from gargling.
Keep these things in mind while gargling-
- The most important thing to consider while gargling is the temperature of the water. If gargling with hot water, the water should be lukewarm. Too hot water can cause mouth burn.
- While gargling, you will be able to gargle the head as much as you tilt your head backward.
- If you do not want to add anything to the garbage water, then you can gargle only by heating plain water.
- Do not eat any cold food immediately after gargling.
- If possible, after gargling, wrap the throat with a warm cloth for some time.
Note- If there is a sore throat, then gargle 2-3 times a day, but it is more beneficial to gargle before sleeping at night and waking up in the morning.