Be it hair or skin problems, neem oil can quickly overcome every problem associated with your beauty. So today we are going to tell you an easy recipe to make neem oil at home so that you can make pure neem oil at home. The best thing about this oil is that you can store it for a year.
Yes, the Neem tree is very beneficial and useful. Its leaves, bark, roots, fruits, and twigs are all used as medicines. But today we will make neem oil with the help of its leaves. We can apply it to our skin and hair. Let us learn about how to make its oil.
Ingredients for making neem oil
- Neem leaves - 1 bowl
- Coconut Oil - 1 Bowl
Method of making neem oil
- For this, first of all, take Neem leaves and wash them well.
- Then separate it from the twigs and fill it in a bowl so that we get the right size.
- Now grind the leaves well by putting them in a mixer jar.
- Then add a bowl of coconut oil and grind it well to make a fine paste.
- We have a well-grounded mixture of neem and coconut oil.
- Now put a mixture of neem and oil in a heavy bottom pan.
- Cook it on low flame for 4 to 5 minutes while stirring continuously.
- On a low flame, because we do not have to burn neem leaves, but rather the nutritional properties present in it are to be found in the oil.
- To make neem oil, we have to use extra virgin coconut oil.
- Then turn off the gas and keep the oil cool down.
- Your pure neem oil is ready. After it cools down, keep it filtered.
- You can store it at room temperature.
Homemade oil scrub of leftover neem
You do not have to throw away the remaining paste of neem but use it for hair and skin. It acts as a scrub. Using it on the skin will make your skin melt. This is because the leaves that have been dry in it will give a good scrub to your skin. If you want, you can apply it to your hair too. It is very good for dry hair and skin.
Benefits of neem oil for hair
- Neem oil cleanses the scalp and increases blood circulation, which strengthens hair roots. This is because it has anti-fungal and anti-inflammatory properties. Besides, it is also rich in fatty acids, which nourishes the scalp.
- If you are suffering from dandruff, use Neem oil. Neem oil is used in many anti-dandruff shampoos. Regular use of neem oil does not produce dandruff in the hair.
- Neem oil contains such anti-oxidants. Regularly using it provides nourishment to the hair and keeps it healthy.
- Neem oil also acts as a conditioner for hair. Apart from this, there are abundant fatty acids in neem oil due to which easily dissolves in the skin and provides moisture. To maintain moisture in the hair, add a few drops of neem oil to your shampoo and leave it on for 3-5 minutes.
- Using homemade neem oil strengthens hair roots, improves blood circulation, and makes hair grow faster.
In this way, you can easily overcome many problems related to hair by making neem oil in the house.
Image Credit: Freepik.com