There is no other role in the world that is physically, mentally, and spiritually as motherhood demands. It requires a lifetime of dedication, tireless effort, sleepless nights, numerous sacrifices, and hard work. Mothers always care about the happiness and comfort of their children; they do it all without taking any salary, encouragement, promotion, or any holiday. Mothers should be blessed with supernatural power so that they can play a persistent, rigid, and relentless role.
So today we are telling you about a yoga asana for the fitness of mothers which every mother can include in her routine. Yoga Master, Philanthropist, Religious Guru, and Lifestyle Coach Grand Master Akshar Ji are telling us about this. Vajrasana is an asana for every mother. It is a simple and basic level posture that anyone from any background can do.
Vajrasana is a kneeling posture and takes its name from the Sanskrit word vajra, which means diamond or vajra. This diamond pose is sometimes also known as the admin pose. Vajrasana is recommended for digestion and can be done immediately after consuming food. It is also a good position for meditation and pranayama.
Method of performing Vajrasana
- Start at your side with your arms straight.
- Slowly bring your knees down and place your knees on your mat.
- Point outward with your toes.
- Keep your heel slightly apart.
- Place your palms on your knees that sit in the step posture.
- Straighten your back and look forward.
- Hold this posture for some time.
Benefits of Vajrasana
- Aids digestion.
- Relieves or prevents constipation.
- Pelvic muscles are strong.
- Keeps the mind calm.
- Digestion corrects acidity and gas.
- Helpful in relieving knee pain.
- Makes the tissues of the thighs stronger.
- Relieves backache.
- Treats urinary problems.
- Increases blood circulation in the lower abdomen.
- Reduces obesity.
- Reduces spasms of periods.
Inhale slowly and release.
- If you are suffering from knee joint pain, arthritis, or any knee injury, please avoid this asana.
Through asana, pranayama or meditation; Even just by watching the flow of your breath - breathing (purak), retention (kumbhak), and exhaling (laxative), one can feel a marked difference. Yoga brings an almost instant feeling of peace and relaxation. With regular practice, you will feel energetic and refreshed. The ability to multi-task will be greatly enhanced, and your endurance levels will also increase. Both Surya Namaskar and Chandra Namaskar have wide benefits for the body, mind, and soul. To get the maximum benefit from this exercise, pay attention to your breath as well as the alignment of your body.
If you are also a mother, then definitely include this yoga in your routine to stay fit. You can do this asana anytime and anywhere easily.
Image Credit: Freepik.com