Any problems related to the neck and spine is mainly aggravated due to common problems like wrong sitting, unhealthy lifestyle, and sitting in one place for a long time. Research shows that more than 85% of the population aged 60 and above are affected by this condition of cervical spondylitis. The human body has unlimited mobility, flexibility, and endurance.
Our bodies lose their natural elasticity and strength when we do not use this limitation given to us and lead sedentary lifestyles. Improper posture while walking or sitting, bending while using electronic devices, and lack of nutrition can weaken areas of the spine and neck. This condition only gets worse with age.
Yoga is a holistic tool to be completely healthy, which includes many medical postures that can help prevent or manage spondylitis. Yoga includes postures, pranayama, meditation, and more. Always remember to practice pleasant exercises or subtle exercises before starting your workout. It includes gentle movements starting at the toes. Slowly heat your ankles, hips, shoulders, wrists, and neck with a twist.
Start with some micro exercises for at least 10 minutes each day. With this, you can get rid of vertigo problems, improve mobility of the spine, waist, shoulders and relieve joint pain. Yoga Master, Philanthropist, Religious Guru, and Lifestyle Coach Grand Master Aksharis telling us about these Yogasanas.
1. UrdhvaMukhiMarjari asana
- Go down on your knees to do it.
- Keep the palms below the shoulders and the knees under the hips.
- Inhale, curve the spine.
- Exhale and move your spine to form a back arch and lower your neck.
- Focus on your gaze.
- Slowly lower your knees.
- Raise both arms upwards.
- Look between your palms.
- Keep your back straight
- Sit on the yoga mat with knees bent.
- Bend backward and slide your palms to your feet until the arms are straight.
- Keep your neck in a neutral position.
- Stay in this posture for one or two breaths.
- Exhale back to the initial pose.
- Place your feet under your hips and raise both arms.
- Do these while you breathe, then tilt your arms forward.
- Keep your eyes open and align your head between your arms.
- Avoid bending the knees.
- Start at 30 degrees and increase gradually.
Asanas help to add physical strength stamina and vitality. Pranayama is an exercise to control one's emotions and exercise more control over one's breath. Meditation helps bring clarity, focus, and a strong purpose to the mind. Yoga is a divine science that brings alignment and positive energy to the mind-body and soul.
You too can easily overcome cervical problems by doing these Yogasanas.