You may have heard about the benefits of turmeric and tried turmeric, but you may not have heard of its disadvantages. If you do not know these pitfalls of turmeric, then definitely know. So that you do not become a victim of them ...
1. Turmeric effect is very hot, that is why it is used as a medicine in cold. As the turmeric base (Tasir) is considered as hot, it should be used with caution. Especially in the summer season.
2. In the case of jaundice, gallstones or blockage of bile, turmeric use can be equally fatal while it is beneficial.
3. Turmeric is harmful to those who have blood disease and are at risk of bleeding. Because it slows down the process of blood clotting.
4. Sugar patients should use turmeric very carefully. Its intake in large amounts reduces the blood sugar greatly.
5. Pregnant women should avoid excessive intake of turmeric. It is beneficial in limited quantity but if the quantity is more, then there is a risk of miscarriage.
6. Turmeric reduces testosterone levels as well as decreases sperm count. Therefore, use it in very limited quantities.
7. Excess intake of turmeric can cause problems such as stomach heat, dizziness, nausea, diarrhoea.