The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has listed the days that the bank will be closed in March 2021. Banks will remain closed for 11 days in March. In such a situation, if you have to deal with any banking work in the branch, then it must be known that there is no bank holiday on that day.
Reserve Bank of India (RBI) guidelines Banks are closed on the second and fourth Saturdays of the month except for Sundays. At the same time, there are some extra holidays in the month of March, due to which the banks will remain closed for a total of 11 days.
It should be noted that bank holidays vary in different states, and this is not observed by all banking companies either. It also depends on the festivals celebrated in specific states or notification of specific occasions in those states.
- Chapchar Kut is falling on 5 March. All banks in Aizawl will remain closed on this day.
- March 11 is Maha Shivaratri. Banks will remain closed in many states on this day.
- March 13 will be the second Saturday of the month, so banks will remain closed.
- Sunday is March 14, so banks will have a holiday.
- On Monday, March 15, some bank unions have announced a strike.
- It is falling on Sunday, 21 March. Therefore banks will remain closed on this day.
- March 22 is Bihar Day. In such a situation, banks will remain closed for 2 consecutive days in the state of Bihar.
Banks will be closed across the country due to the fourth Saturday on 27 March.
- March 28 is Sunday. Hence banks will be closed for 4 consecutive days in some states of the country.
Banks will have a holiday on March 29 and 30 due to the festival of Holi.