In China, 9 people of the same family have died due to drinking homemade noodle soup. This case is in the Hijiang Province of the North-East Region of China. According to media reports, the noodle soup the family members drank was kept in the freezer for over a year. The noodle soup was prepared from the corn floor, which was drunk at breakfast on 5 October. Within a few hours of drinking it, the condition of 9 people worsened. He was rushed to the hospital in a hurry. The noodle soup had deteriorated due to being kept in the freezer for a year. The day the accident occurred, 12 members of the family were present for breakfast that day. 3 of them refused to drink soup because they did not like the test, so their lives were saved.
According to Chinese media, by October 10, 7 people had died. The eighth death occurred two days later. The 9th member of the house died on 19 October. The last death was that of a woman, named Lee.
Advisory issued in China
The Chinese Health Commission issued a warning on Monday and advised not to take fermented flour (corn flour) in the food. Chinese officials say the entire case has been investigated. The investigation has revealed that the members of the household who drank the noodle soup had high amounts of bongkraic acid, which led to food poisoning. Bongcreic acid has made food poisoning. It is found in fermented flour and rice related food. Professor Fen Zhihong of China Agricultural University says it is highly toxic. Bongkreic acid is present in any food, even if it is not heated, its effect does not end. According to Professor Fenn, eating food with bongcreic acid can cause food poisoning and death in both humans and animals. The rate of death from food poisoning ranges from 40 to 100%.