The Central Government is not in favor of giving additional chances to the candidates who did not appear in the last attempt of the Civil Services Examination due to the Kovid-19 epidemic last year. This information was given to the Supreme Court on Friday by the Department of Personnel and Training.
Appearing before a bench headed by Justice AM Khanwilkar, Additional Solicitor General SV Raju said, he has received instructions on Thursday night that the Central Government disagreed over giving additional opportunities to the students in the Civil Services Service Examination.
On this, the bench has asked Raju to file an affidavit by Monday. The bench has also asked for copying of the affidavit to the parties. The next hearing will be on Monday.
Earlier in the last hearing, the Solicitor General had said that the Government and Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) is seriously considering the issue of giving the civil service candidates affected by the Corona epidemic an additional chance.
In fact, the petition filed in the Supreme Court stated that due to the corona epidemic, many students could not sit the exam and many students had to take the exam without preparation. In such a situation, students should get another chance. The Supreme Court had asked the government to consider this petition while deciding to test it. Also, the court had asked the government to consider giving age relaxation.