Minor rape case: MP High Court said - Police are not trustworthy, CBI should investigate


The Gwalior Bench of the Madhya Pradesh High Court, while making a serious comment on the functioning of the police, said that the police which continued to help the accused of raping a minor, cannot be trustworthy. Therefore, there should be a CBI inquiry into the whole matter and an FIR should be registered against the guilty officers under Dalit harassment. The case relates to the rape of a minor girl belonging to a Scheduled Cast in January. The police, while not acting on the accused, had not only harassed the victim on the contrary but she was also beaten up in the police station to change her statement. A compensation of Rs 50,000 has also been imposed on the police officers.

The victim's family had taken refuge in the court against this excess being done by the police, on which the court has now ordered on Wednesday. The court has raised many questions on the role of the police in the 129-page order. According to advocate Anil Mishra, the court has directed the CBI director that a senior officer should be given an inquiry into the matter. The phone calls of Ganga Singh Bhadauria, grandfather of accused Aditya Singh Bhadauria, and police officers should be investigated. Along with this, FIR should also be registered against all the officials involved in the disturbances. Now after the order of the court, FIR will be registered against Murar police station in charge Ajay Pawar and Sub Inspector Kirti Upadhyay. At the same time, there will be a departmental inquiry against the Additional Superintendent of Police Suman Gurjar, CSP RN Pachauri, and SHO Sirol Preeti Bhargava.

This is the case

On January 31 this year, a 16-year-old girl complained to the Murar police station in Gwalior that she was raped by Aditya Singh Bhadauria and others. Ganga Singh Bhadauria, the grandfather of accused Aditya, taking advantage of his proximity to the police, on the contrary, pressurized the victim to turn away from the statement. The police even beat him up in the police station. However, the victim did not lose courage and recorded her statement in the district court on February 1.