The CAG report was presented in the Rajya Sabha on Wednesday in connection with the alleged scam in the Rafale deal. This report claims that the Rafale deal of the NDA government was cheaper than the previous UPA government. However, in the report, the claim of the Modi government has also been dismissed, which said that the Rafale aircraft were 9 percent cheaper than the previous deal. What are the major things of the CAG report presented in the Rajya Sabha, read here ...
- 1. Rafale Deal of the NDA government 2.86 per cent cheaper from the previous government.
- 2. The price of Fly Away Price (Ready Aircraft) is equal to the deal of the UPA Government.
- 3. The 9% cheaper claimed by the Modi government were rejected in the CAG report.
- 4. In the CAG report, the price of Rafale has not been told.
- 5. The Ministry of Defense faced difficulties in finalizing this deal in very stages.
- 6. According to the previous deal, the delivery of the Rafale aircraft was to be in 72 months but the Rafale is being delivered in 71 months only.
- 7. The Sovereign Guarantee and Letter of Comfort were presented in front of CCS in September 2016. It was decided that the Letter of Comfort will be placed before the French Prime Minister.
- 8. Initial 18 Rafale aircraft will arrive in India five months before the previous deal.
- 9. From the Ministry of Defense in January 2019, it was stated that the basic price in the new deal is 9 per cent cheaper. It was cheaper compared to the offered for 126 aircraft in 2007.