Raj Kundra Case: 'Hotshot' blocked by Google Play, Raj Kundra was planning to launch another app

52


After blocking Google Play's OTT app 'Hotshot', Raj Kundra, accused of making and broadcasting pornographic films, had prepared another plan. This is indicated by the conversation on WhatsApp between Kundra and other members of his group.


Mumbai. Businessman Raj Kundra, arrested for making and broadcasting pornographic films, had devised another plan after Google Play blocked the OTT app 'Hotshot' due to policy violations. This is indicated by the conversation on WhatsApp between Raj Kundra and other members of his group. Police sources gave this information on Wednesday.


Sources said that under 'Plan B', a new app was to be launched to further the illegal business of manufacturing and dissemination of pornographic material. On Monday night, Kundra, husband of Bollywood's famous actress Shilpa Shetty, was arrested by the Mumbai Crime Branch for making obscene films and airing them through some apps. Kundra is in police custody till July 23. Sources said that at least four screenshots of alleged WhatsApp conversations have surfaced on social media, in which Kundra was discussing a 'Plan B' with another member of the 'H Account' group.

Raj Kundra gave this reply

A member of the group shared a screenshot of the mail sent by the Google Play team about the status of the app (Hotshot). To this, Raj Kundra reportedly replied, "A new app will be launched on Live iOS and Android in at least two-three weeks as per plan B." During this conversation, a member named Rob Digital Marketing Hotshot asked Kundra, 'Till then will we stop all bold films and appeal again on Play Store.'

The Mumbai Police had on Monday named Raj Kundra as the "main conspirator" in the case registered at Malwani police station on February 4. The police have said that 11 people have been arrested so far in this case.