Preparations are on to punish the culprits in the Nirbhaya case. However, the date has not been finalized yet. A convict has filed a review petition, on which the verdict is yet to come. But it is speculated that he will be hanged soon.
What is a Black warrant
- The Black Warrant is issued by the Lower Court based on the rules.
- Even though the black warrant is released through the court, the execution time is determined by the prison superintendent.
- The superintendent then tells the court the scheduled time.
Black warrant to be hanged 15 days after issue
- Once the warrant is issued, all the preparations for hanging are not delayed.
- According to the rules, a black warrant in a prison manual is executed 15 days after it is issued. But these rules can also be changed by the government under certain circumstances.
- After the trial court issues a black warrant, the session tells the judge and DG Tihar that the jail superintendent is hanged.
- Since there is a very inconsiderate atmosphere in the jail at the time of hanging, all the prisoners are kept in their barracks.
Five people who can be present while giving a death sentence…
- Prison superintendent
- Deputy superintendent
- RMO (Resident Medical Officer)
- Medical Officer (Doctor)
- Magistrate or ADM.
Note:- Apart from this, if the convict who is being hanged, he can see any representative of his religion like Pandit, Maulvi also being hanged.