Greek cooking has an incredibly rich and diverse array of foods and beverages that are a result of literally thousands of years of living, cooking, and eating. Each Greek meal is fresh and inviting, and takes you on a journey through Greece's history. The cooking methods and basic ingredients have changed little over time. Even the names of certain dishes remain the same. Bread, olives and olive oil, and wine have been the backbone of the Greek diet for many centuries, just as they do today. So here is the recipe:
- Zucchini grated 2 medium
- Mixed herbs (dill, parsley and oregano), chopped ¼ cup
- Feta cheese crumbled ½ cup
- Salt to taste
- Spinach chopped 2 small bunches
- Crushed black peppercorns to taste
- Eggs finely chopped 3
- Spring onions with greens finely chopped 2
- Garlic cloves finely chopped 2
- Refined flour (maida) ? cup
- Baking powder ½ teaspoon
- Oil for deep-frying
- Put zucchini in a bowl. Add salt and set aside for five to ten minutes. Squeeze out excess moisture and transfer into another bowl.
- Add feta cheese, spinach, crushed peppercorns, mixed herbs, eggs, spring onion with greens and garlic and mix well. Add flour and baking powder and mix well.
- Heat sufficient oil in a pan.
- Divide the zucchini-cheese mixture into equal portions and deep-fry in hot oil till golden. Drain on absorbent paper.
- Serve hot.