History of Indian cuisine dates back to nearly 5,000-years ago when various groups and cultures interacted with India that led to a diversity of flavours and regional cuisines.Indian cuisine comprises of a number of regional cuisines. We Indians love to eat Kulfi. It is one of our famous and most loved cuisine. Foreign invasions, trade relations and colonialism had introduced certain foods to the country like potato, chillies and breadfruit. So here is the recipe of yummy Tender Coconut Kulfi:
- Flesh (malai) of 2 tender coconuts
- Coconut powder 1/2 cup
- Milk 1 litre
- Sugar 1/2 cup
- Pistachios chopped 2 tablespoons
- Heat milk in a non-stick pan. When it comes to a boil, reduce heat and simmer till it reduces to ⅓ its original quantity (approximately 330 ml).
- Add sugar and coconut powder and mix well. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add pistachios. Finely chop coconut flesh and add to the milk and mix well. Cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Pour the mixture into kulfi moulds and place in the freezer to set overnight.
- Remove from moulds and serve.