If you like your paneer in a spicy chatpata masala then kadai paneer recipe is custom made for you. Chunks of pan fried cottage cheese and cubes of tomato and green capsicum cooked in a delicious bhuna onion and tomato masala. The paneer chunks are pan fried and then soaked in warm water which makes them so soft that they just melt in your mouth. With this recipe we bring the secrets of a restaurant style kadai paneer into your home kitchens. So here is the recipe of yummy Kadai Paneer:
- Paneer (cottage cheese) cut into cubes 250 grams
- Onions pureed 3 medium
- Tomatoes pureed 3 large
- Ginger-garlic paste 2 teaspoons
- Red chilli powder 1 teaspoon
- Coriander powder 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder 1/4 teaspoon
- Garam masala 1 teaspoon
- Bay leaf 2
- Cloves 3
- Cinnamon 1 inch sticks
- Coriander leaves a few
- Ghee 2 tablespoons
- Salt to taste
- Heat ghee in a kadai and saute the cottage cheese pieces till golden brown. Soak them in 5 cups water.
- In the same pan add bay leaf, cloves, cinnamon sticks, onion paste and ginger garlic paste. Saute well till lightly golden.
- Add red chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, garam masala and little water. Mix well and allow the mixture to boil. Add tomato puree and mix again.
- Cover and cook for five minutes till oil surfaces.Add salt and drained cottage cheese pieces. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.