Corn was indigenous to America, but is now grown throughout the world. It is used as a vegetable, briefly boiled or roasted or eaten with butter. And it would also interest you to know that the favourite popcorn, made by popping the small corn kernels, is a wholesome cereal food and is easily digested. So here is the recipe of yummy Corn Cups:
- Corn corb cream style 1 tin
- White bread slices 6
- Oil 1 tablespoon + for greasing
- Onion finely chopped 1 medium
- Green chillies finely chopped 2 medium
- Salt to taste
- Lemon juice 1 tablespoon
- Fresh coriander leaves chopped 1 tablespoon
- Butter as required
- Chilli sauce For topping
- Preheat oven at 180ºC. Grease tart moulds with some oil.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan. Add onion and sauté till translucent. Add green chillies and sauté for a minute.
- Add corn, mix well, reduce heat and cook till moisture is reduced. Add salt and mix well.
- Add lemon juice and chopped coriander, mix well and cook for a minute. Remove from heat and cool.
- Using a cookie cutter, cut out roundels from bread slices and lightly roll them. Apply butter on edges and line the tart moulds with them.
- Place the tart moulds in the preheated oven and bake for 5-7 minutes.
- Fill the tarts with corn mixture, top with chilli sauce and bake in preheated oven for 2-3 minutes.