Winter season has various perks like having gajar ka halwa, moong dal ka halwa but, a little focused dessert which can fulfill your cravings for halwa i.e. Akhrot ka halwa. We are providing you this amazing recipe which will nearly take 30-40 minutes of cooking time.
- 1 ½ cup of walnut (roughly chopped or garnished)
- ½ cup Khoya
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup ghee or as per required
- ½ cup milk powder
- ½ tea spoon cardamom powder
- 1 pinch saffron
- 1 cup sugar
- Pour milk in a boiler; boil it with sugar and saffron. Keep it aside and let it cool.
- Chop or crush the walnuts, heat ghee in a non stick pan, add crushed walnuts and sauté well until fragrant.
- Add milk powder, khoya, cardamom powder and mix it well, stir it continuously until the mixture is smooth.
- Pour the mixture of milk, sugar and saffron, sauté till it becomes little thick and consistent
- Serve it with garnished warm kernels of walnut or chopped nuts of your choice and crushed khoya or mawa.