New Delhi: Summer is like prinkly Hot. We feel to have something cold and for this watermelon and avocado salad are best. It is good for our health also. Most of us eat watermelon by itself as a juicy fruit snack, but it also works well in savory salads. This recipe makes a great summer side dish or starter. You can replace the mozzarella with feta or even blue cheese if you prefer.
Watermelon + Avocado Salad
- 1 small or ½ large watermelon, cut into chunks
- Lime halves
- 2 just-ripe avocados, cut into chunks
- 6½ oz. mozzarella or bocconcini, torn into small chunks
- 10 to 12 cherry tomatoes, halved (optional)
- juice and finely grated zest of 2 limes
- 1 teaspoon very finely chopped red chili (optional)
- salt and ground black pepper
- a small handful of basil leaves, torn roughly
To garnish (optional)
1. Place watermelon, avocado, mozzarella or bocconcini, and tomatoes, if using, in a bowl and toss gently. Pile onto a serving platter, sprinkle with lime juice and zest, chili, if using, and salt and pepper. Top with basil leaves and garnish with lime halves.
2. Watermelon + Avocado Salad can be prepared in advance, covered, and refrigerated for up to 4 hours until needed.