- Refined flour (maida) 1 cup
- Buttermilk 3/4 cup
- Baking powder 1 1/2 teaspoons
- Baking soda 1/4 teaspoon
- Cocoa powder 1 tablespoon
- Salt a pinch
- Eggs 2
- Honey + for serving 2-3 tablespoons
- Olive oil 1 tablespoon
- Heat a waffle iron.Break eggs into a bowl and beat well with an electric beater. Sieve together refined flour, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa powder and salt into the beaten eggs.
- Add half the buttermilk and mix. Add the remaining buttermilk and whisk well ensuring that there are no lumps.
- Add honey and whisk again to mix. Add 1 tbsp olive oil and mix again to make a smooth batter.
- Grease the waffle iron with oil. Pour the batter on it, cover and cook, checking in between, till golden brown on both sides.
- Cut into triangles and serve immediately drizzled with honey.