The cuisine of The United States is a rich amalgamation of peoples, religions and cultures thanks to the immigrants from different parts of the world. They brought with them their local ingredients as well as cooking styles with them. Yet amidst all these varieties Chinese and Italian cuisines dominate. During the 18th and 19th centuries, the Americans developed a number of new foods. What characterised the American cuisine is the adaptation of a fusion of multiple ethnic cooking styles. During this period food production and presentation became more industrialised. So here is the recipe of yummy vegetable sandwich:
- White bread slices 4
- Brown bread slices 8
- Potatoes Boiled & Grated 3 medium
- Salt crushed 20 to taste
- Black peppercorns cloves
- Red chilli flakes 1 teaspoon
- Green capsicums seeded & chopped 1 medium
- Cheese spread 2 tablespoons
- Onions cut into round slices, rings separated 2 medium
- Cucumbers sliced 2 medium
- Tomatoes sliced 2 medium
- Pickled gherkins sliced vertically 5-6
- Butter 2 tablespoons
- Take potatoes in a bowl. Add salt, half the crushed black peppercorns, red chilli flakes, green capsicum and cheese spread and mix well.
- Take one slice of white bread and two slices of brown bread per sandwich. Butter them on one side lightly.
- Spread the potato mixture evenly on one slice of brown bread. Place some onion rings, sprinkle a little salt and a little crushed black peppercorns and cover with a slice of white bread. Place a few cucumber and tomato slices over this. Sprinkle salt. Place a few gherkin slices and cover with the second slice of brown bread. Press lightly.
- Heat a sandwich grill. Apply butter over the top slice and place on a hot grill and cover the grill.
- Once the grill marks are seen, remove and cut into triangles and serve hot.