History of Indian cuisine dates back to nearly 5,000-years ago when various groups and cultures interacted with India that led to a diversity of flavours and regional cuisines. vegetables and fruits. Indian food is also influenced by religious and cultural choices and traditions. Foreign invasions, trade relations and colonialism had introduced certain foods to the country like potato, chillies and breadfruit. So here is the recipe of yummy vegetable tikki:
- Mixed vegetables 1 cup
- Onion 1 medium
- Green chillies 2
- Oil 2 tablespoons
- Red chilli powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Roasted cumin seeds,powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Garam masala powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Chaat masala 1 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Potatoes,boiled, peeled and mashed 2 medium
- Bread crumbs 3-4 tablespoons
- For garnishing
- Mint leaves a few
- Onion cut into rings 1 medium
- Red capsicum cut into thin strips 1 small
- Yellow capsicum cut into thin strips 1 small
- Finely chop onion and green chillies. Heat oil in a non stick pan, add onion and green chillies and saute till translucent.
- Put the vegetable residue in a chopper and chop finely and add to the pan. Saute for 5 to 6 minutes, stirring.
- Add red chilli powder, roasted coriander seeds powder, garam masala powder, chaat masala, salt and mix well.
- Transfer this mixture into a bowl, add potatoes and breadcrumbs and mix well. Divide the mixture into equal portions and shape each portion into a round tikki.
- Heat oil in a non stick pan and shallow fry the tikki, turning sides, till golden brown on both sides. Drain on absorbent paper.
- Place the tikki on a serving plate, garnish with mint leaves, onion rings, thin strips of red and yellow capsicums. Sprinkle some chaat masala and serve.