- 2 cups milk
- 3 cups cream
- 1 Tbsp gelatin
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 360 gm sugar
Steps to Make Vanilla Ice Cream with Gelatine
- Sprinkle gelatine on 1/4 cup of the milk (at room temperature) and keep aside.
- Heat the rest of the milk and sugar together. Let the sugar dissolve and mixture come to a boil.
- When it boils, add the gelatine mixture and bring to a boil again, simmer for half a minute.
- Switch off the heat and cool to room temperature. Transfer on to a container with a tight lid.
- Freeze till almost set, take out and whip up with a hand beater and place back into the freezer. The lid should always be tightly shut, as this avoids crystals from forming.
- Whip once more when almost set and place back in the freezer. Alternatively, freeze in an ice cream machine according to instructions. Adding salt, enhances the flavor.
Source : NDTV