Fusion cuisine is one that combines elements of different culinary traditions. Cuisines of this type are not categorized according to any one particular cuisine style and have played a part in a number of innovations. Fusion food is a general term for the combination of various forms of cookery and comes in several forms. So here is the recipe:
- Vanilla pod 1
- Cornflour/ corn starch 6 tablespoons
- Fresh cream 1 cup
- Egg yolks 4
- Egg 1
- Milk 3 cups
- Castor sugar (caster sugar) 1 cup
- Pie shell half baked 1 large
- Take cornflour and cream in a bowl and whisk well. Add egg yolks and whisk. Break an egg into the bowl and whisk well.
- Heat milk in a deep non-stick pan. Add castor sugar and vanilla seeds along with the pod. Remove from heat, discard the pod and cool.
- Add cornflour-egg mixture to milk mixture and whisk continuously.
- Place the pan back on heat, whisk continuously and cook till the mixture thickens. Transfer into another bowl, cover with cling film and refrigerate to chill.
- Preheat oven to 180° C.
- Place the half baked pie on a baking tray and pour the vanilla custard into the pie.
- Place the baking tray in the preheated oven and bake for 40-45 minutes. Remove from oven, cool and demould.
- Cut into wedges and serve.