Uttarakhand Alerts: Chinese incursion in Uttarakhand


Uttarakhand: Officials conveyed on Wednesday that in Uttarakhand previous this month Chinese troops supposedly twisted away an Indian squad from a doubtful area along the international border, cracking a deal to keep the military away from the territory. On July 25, Indian security forces also accounted an air interruption by a Chinese chopper in the similar area. On Wednesday though, the Centre downplayed the occurrence amid confusion over the date when the face-off took position. While Uttarakhand chief minister Harish Rawat conveyed in Dehradun that the occurrence took place on July 19, Union minister for state Kiren Rijiju gave the date as July 22. The scene of the face-off was at Barahoti where a picture-postcard grazing ground set next to the backdrop of Himalayan peaks form the 80-sq km disputed zone down the international border. As 1957, both nations are operational towards settling the matter through negotiations. China asserts thousands of square kilometres of Indian territory, typically in Arunachal Pradesh and some areas in Kashmir where thousands of soldiers place guard on each side of what is known as the line of actual control (LAC). The newest occurrence comes in the wake of spoken spats flanked by Delhi and Beijing over several matters counting China’s role in rejecting India a place in the prestigious Nuclear Suppliers Group (NSG).

Odisha Police declare 8 servitors as absconders, Poster released

A home ministry representatives conveyed that Chinese troops stopped a squad of 19 Indian officials headed by the sub-divisional magistrate of Joshimath around 200 metres into the doubtful area. Six personnel of the Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP), the force which guards the 3488-km Sino-Indian border from Ladakh to Arunachal Pradesh in Northeast, accompanied the squad. However, the security personnel were neither in uniform nor armed in keeping with the mutually agreed norm. The representatives who beam on the condition of anonymity as he is not authorized to speak to the media has also conveyed that, the face-off lasted around half-an-hour. Later, both the Indian squad and the Chinese troops went back. Rijiju termed the occurrence a small breach of the LAC. Rijiju has also further conveyed that, I have been briefed on the occurrence by ITBP chief Krishna Chaudhary. It is not a main or serious breach of the LAC. The Chinese troops came up to what they perceive as the LAC where they came across (the) Indian squad. The circumstances were defused and the Chinese went back as well. The Uttarakhand chief minister, who termed the incident as “serious”, afterward backtracked conveying it was not that serious to merit sending an account to the Centre. Chamoli district magistrate Vinod Suman conveyed that he has filed an official report on the aborted visit.

Lok Sabha clears bill to amend Lokpal Act