UDAIPUR: On Sunday night in Dungarpur, two men were burnt alive following the cabin of their trailer caught fire near Lehana Ghati on NH-8 under Bichhiwara police station.
The dead were recognized as Biram, son of Hemraj Gurjar, and Raju, son of Harlal Gurjar. Both the dead hailed from Binay village in Ajmer.
Dalpat Singh Rathore, SHO, Bichhiwara police station has also further conveyed that, the victims were approaching from Jamnagar (Gujarat) with a coal-laden trailer.
Approximately 12 am, they stoped at a dhaba on the highway to have food. Thereafter, they went to sleep in the cabin and handled it from within.
Sometime later, the dhaba proprietor saw flames inside the cabin. He called police instantly and tried to break open the cabin. Other personnel too helped in soaking the flames.
The officer has also further conveyed that, but by the time the cabin door was broke unlock, the fatalities had died. Prima facie, it emerges to be a mishap.
The cause for fire could be a short circuit or may be the men left a burning cigarette or a bidi on the cushion unknowingly. A case has been filed and probe is on to find out the real cause of fire. On Monday afternoon, the victims' families took the bodies to Ajmer.