American multinational online transportation network company Uber has unveiled two new features for its Indian Users. It has come up with two new features ‘Dial an Uber’ and “Request a Ride for Others’.
This initiative by company will help the user to make their rides easy for family members, friends as well as other riders. Moreover, it will be beneficial for the family members as well as friends as they can easily travel in Uber Cab even if they don’t have the app.
Apurva Dalal, Head of Engineering, Uber India said, “We are excited to launch ‘Dial an Uber’ and ‘Request a Ride for Others’ for riders in India. Designed to offer simple and more convenient ways to book a ride, these India-first innovations are testament to Uber’s focus on using its technological prowess to make mobility reliable and accessible for everyone.”
Dial an Uber
This feature has been launched in Nagpur, Kochi, Guwahati, and Jodhpur. It will help the user to access uberGO rides. This initiative by the company will help the people to not face any issue like slow or no internet access.
How does it work?
1. Navigate to dial.uber.com on mobile phone browser
2. Enter your phone number to login or sign-up
3. View pricing information, get a fare estimate, and request for your ride with a single tap
4. After requesting, instantly get connected with driver over call to coordinate pickup
5. Once the trip is completed, you can pay driver in cash
Request a Ride for Others
Through this feature people will be able to book a ride on behalf of their family and friends. This will also allow people to get access to reliable transportation.
How does it work?
1. Set your pin or manually enter the pickup location of the person you are requesting for
2. You will be prompted at the bottom of the screen to pick who the ride is for. Quickly choose from recently used contacts, pick from your contact list, or enter a new number.
3. On the confirmation screen either chose to have the rider pay in cash for the trip or change your payment method to pay for them electronically.
4. After requesting, the rider will get two SMSes with driver/car information and a link to track the ride themselves. The Driver is supplied with the rider phone number to contact them directly.
5. You can continue to track the requested trip from within your app.