Saharanpur: On the day BJP-led NDA government completed two years in office, Prime Minister Narendra Modi said on Thursday that he would continue to serve 125 crore people of India. Addressing a mega rally in Uttar Pradesh’s Saharanpur to mark two years of his government, Let us know what modi says in his speech.
1. We have a fashion in our country to link programmes to caste, communities and vote bank. For me 1.25 billion people in this country are my family. There is no caste, no community.
2. Our lands have been destroyed, so we have given farmers soil health cards, so farmers know what to do ahead. We have big dreams for irrigation. If our farmers are given water, they can grow gold from soil.We have made a programme to produce ethanol from sugarcane. This will benefit sugarcane farmers.
3. In 2022, when India celebrates 75 years of Independence, We want to take forward the measures for the poor and farmers, so their income is doubled by then.
We have started a programme to give 2 lakh crore to the gram panchayats, so that lives in villages are transformed. Schools, hospitals, electricity – we have stressed on these.
4. Today there are fewer women compared to men, because there is female infanticide. So we have run the Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao programme. There hasn't been a bigger move to empower women since Independence.
5. You know how closely my work is scrutinised. If my government does something wrong, it runs on TV for 24 hours. I welcome this close scrutiny of my work. The government should be held accountable for every day, every penny. I want to appeal to my doctor friends. On the 9th of every month, can they treat poor pregnant women for free, give them medicines for free?
6. Today I want to announce from the soil of Uttar Pradesh that the retirement age for government doctors, which is 60 or 62, will be made 65 all over the country.
7. Two years ago, scams were all over the news, so much was looted. Were those people in power sent to loot the public? Don't know where the last government spent its money. This government builds twice as much road in a day than the last government.