Jojoba plant is a shrubby tree that is native to southern Arizona and California. It’s oil has the natural healing properties which is suitable for all skin types. The wax structure of jojoba oil is very similar to the natural oils of our skin. Therefore, it not only moisturizes, but also absorbs faster than other oils. Apart from these properties, Jojoba Oil is full of nutrients and antioxidants, and also helps tame inflammation, reduce fine lines, control acne breakouts, soothe sunburn, and more.
Here are few benefits of Jojoba Oil;
- Hydrate the skin- This oil helps in making the skin soft and smooth by acting as a moisturizer. Also it easily absorbs the oil and add a healthy glow to the skin.
- Nutritious for Skin- Jojoba is rich in Vitamin E and B, as well as antioxidants and minerals like chromium, copper, and zinc, which all nourish and protect skin.
- Anti–Aging- Jojoba can helps in slowing down the ageing lines and wrinkles. According to the reports of dermatological tests, it was shown that jojoba oil increases the skin’s suppleness and the effect was still present as time passes. It also showed that continued use of Jojoba oil resulted in reducing superficial facial lines.
- Sunburn healer- The hydrating property of Jojoba oils soothes sunburn and helps reduce the chances of peeling.
- Non-Allergenic- It is non-allergic in nature and is recommended for people with sensitive skin. Applying Jojoba oil to compromised skin can help reduce flare-ups.
- Soothes Dry Skin- The anti-inflammatory properties helps in reducing the redness caused by drying, ease the effects of eczema and rosacea, and keep skin calm and comfortable. The Vitamin E and B-complex vitamins in the Jojoba oil help in skin repair and damage control.
- Anti–Microbial- Jojoba oil naturally helps in preventing the growth of bacteria on skin. This property makes it useful for those with acne, and also provides an added wound-healing benefit.