- Fresh pineapple chopped 2 tablespo For topping
- Cornflour/ corn starch ¼ cup
- Pie shells half baked 2 medium
- Milk 3 cups
- Egg yolks 4
- Castor sugar (caster sugar) ¾ cup
- Vanilla essence 1 teaspoon
- Whipped cream 1 cup
- Gelatin bloomed 1 tablespoon
- Scraped coconut fresh, toasted 2-3 tablespoons
- Take cornflour in a bowl. Add milk and whisk. Add yolks and whisk well.
- Pour this mixture into a small deep non-stick pan and heat. Add castor sugar, whisk and cook till it melts. Add½ teaspoon vanilla essence, whisk and cook till the mixture thickens. Transfer into a bowl, cover with cling film and refrigerate to chill.
- Take half the whipped cream, half the pineapple and half the bloomed gelatin in another bowl and mix. Add ¼ teaspoon vanilla essence and mix well.
- Transfer ½ cornflour mixture into another bowl. Add half the coconut and mix well.
- Fill the pie shells with this coconut mixture and spread whipped cream mixture on top. Refrigerate prepared pies for 2-3 hours.
- Make another pie similarly.
- Top with some pineapple, cut into wedges and serve.