Here are the list:
- Northern Vietnam: Vietnam is known as a budget destination, but the region north of Hanoi along the chinese border often gets overlooked by travelers. This is truly a shame, because Northern Vietnam is where the most sensational scenery and culture can be found. Rice terraces, towering mountains, twisting roads and ethnic minority people all add to the adventure.
For budget travelers, private accommodation can be found for between $10-15 a night or dorms are as low as $5. Food ranges between $0.50 – $2 a dish and transport never costs more than a few dollars between towns. To really keep your costs down consider renting a motorbike.
- Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan: With 93 percent of the nation covered in mountains and a rich history and culture that goes back thousands of years, Kyrgyzstan is one of the most spectacular and underrated countries in the world. The capital city, Bishkek, is an incredible hub for exploring Central Asia, with Silk Road remnants like the Burana Tower just a short drive away and some incredibletrekking opportunities in the surrounding mountains.
Best of all for a budget traveler, Kyrgyzstan is surprisingly affordable. Private accommodation in the city can be found for as little as $15 a night and good meals start around $2. Even a traditional yurt stay with 2 meals can be as cheap as $20 per person.
- Lisbon, Portugal: Lisbon offers a good mix of museums, historic buildings, eclectic music and nightlife, and squares and cafés to watch the world go by. I fell in love with this city when I visited. It had this old, gritty feeling that gave it tons of character. Plus, it is much less than many other European destinations, with budget accommodation clocking in around $30.
- Cape Point, South Africa: Home to African penguins at Boulder Beach and Cape Point National Park, Cape Point is the most southwestern point of Africa. One can take an affordable day trip there from Cape Town with a hop on, hop off tour-bus. For 500 Rand or $35 for a full day, this tour is a must do in 2017.
- Seoul, South Korea: Seoul is a fascinating metropolis filled with high tech infrastructure, modern skyscrapers, historic buildings, a large expat scene and delicious Korean food all at rock bottom prices. Plus, since it’s a major hub it is easy to access this low cost city.