Here’s the list of the beautiful destinations:
- Bora Bora, French Polynesia: It’s the stuff honeymoon fantasies are made of: crystal-clear waters, picturesque mountains and a coral reef swirling with colorful fish. No wonder it was recently voted one of the best islands in the world by US News and World Report. The Four Seasons Resort Bora Bora is located on a coral reef that encloses a turquoise lagoon.Charter a helicopter to take you around towering Mount Otemanu, then touch down on a neighboring island for a tour of a black pearl or vanilla bean farm.
- Bali, Indonesia: There’s a reason its nickname is the “Isle of the Gods.” Even before the hit book and movie Eat, Pray, Love, the island had been a magnet for romance seekers for its mist-shrouded temples, beautiful mountain vistas and vivid arts scene.
A recent filming locale for ABC’s The Bachelor, The Mulia, Mulia Resort & Villas fronts Nusa Dua coastline, which is famous for white-sand beaches and calm blue waters. Arrange a trip to Pura Luhur Uluwatu temple.
Located atop a cliff rising 200 feet above the Indian Ocean, it has one of the most unforgettable sunset views in the world. Then, stay for the mesmerizing nightly kecak dance performance.
- Sonoma, California: World-class wine, delicious food and unsurpassed scenery. Forestville’s Farmhouse Inn just added cozy-chic barn rooms to its wooded grove. For the “In-Room Somm” program a sommelier will customize a wine tasting that will be brought right to your room. Guests at Farmhouse Inn get exclusive access to wineries not normally open to the public, such as Kistler and Kosta Browne. You’ll also want to indulge in the local fare—these California chefs were doing farm-to-table long before it was a trend.
- Paris, France: Paris is synonymous with romance. It’s a combination of the architecture, the food and the art that makes this city so special. When you stay at the elegant Hotel Plaza Athéneé, splurge on a three-night Suite Life package and you’ll be greeted at the airport, escorted through customs and then chauffeured to the hotel. The property was the backdrop for Carrie and Big’s reunion in the last season of Sex and the City. The travel guides will talk about going to the Musée d’Orsay, the Louvre and the Eiffel Tower—all definitely worth your time. But this is your honeymoon, so you also have to tie a ribbon on the Pont des Art bridge, which symbolizes your committed love to one another.
5. Orkney, Scotland: Indulge in all your Downton Abbey daydreams at this northern archipelago off the coast of Scotland with green-topped islands and sandstone cliffs. The family-run Kirkwall Hotel is located in a storybook-perfect Victorian building that overlooks Kirkwall’s historic harbor and is steps from shopping. Take a day trip and stand in awe at the Neolithic Ring of Brodgar, an ancient and eerie ring of standing stones, northeast of Stromness. Experts still don’t know how the stones were brought here or what the circle means. With the weather moving in and the water lapping at the shore, it makes for a supernatural sight.