- Tomatoes finely chopped 2-3
- Multigrain bread slices 8
- Butter 1 tablespoon
- Garlic chopped 1 tablespoon
- Onion finely chopped 1 small
- Salt to taste
- Crushed black peppercorns to taste
- Fresh thyme sprigs 1-2
- Sugar 1 tablespoon
- Iceberg lettuce leaves as required
- Baby spinach leaves as required
- Mozzarella cheese sliced 150 grams
- Heat butter in a non-stick pan. Add garlic and sauté for 30 seconds. Add onion and sauté till translucent.
- Add tomatoes, mix and cook till it turns soft and pulpy. Add salt, crushed peppercorns and torn thyme sprigs, mix and cook for 1 minute.
- Add sugar, mix and cook for 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and cool. This is tomato jam.
- Spread some tomato jam on each bread slice. Place few iceberg lettuce leaves, baby spinach leaves and mozzarella cheese slices on 4 bread slices. Sprinkle some salt and crushed peppercorns on top and cover with remaining bread slices, jam side down.
- Cut into triangles and serve.