Serves: 6 to 8
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
Total time: 40 mins
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 2 medium cloves garlic, minced
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup water
- 8 roma tomatoes (or 6 regular tomatoes), chopped
- ¼ cup fresh basil, finely chopped
- ½ cup fresh parsely, finely chopped
- Secret Ingredient – A squirt or two of concentrated lemon juice
- In a large pot, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in garlic, carrots and onions.
- Cook over medium-low heat until the onion is tender.
- Add the chicken stock and water, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes and simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and use a hand held blender to blend the soup until smooth.
- Stir in the basil and parsley.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- If the flavour is flat, add 1 to 2 squirts of lemon juice to taste.
- Serve hot with fresh garlic bread!