- 500 grams firm tofu, crumbled
- 200 grams roasted nut crumbs (Almond)
- 100-120 grams chickpea (cooked )
- 2 Tbsp soya sauce
- 4 Tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1/2 stalk of celery, chopped
- 1 nutmeg
- 1/4 cup tahini paste
- For the garlicky tahini paste:
- Lemon juice
- Saute the garlic and cumin in sunflower oil. Add the carrots, celery, onion and saute for a few minutes.
- Grate the nutmeg over the vegetable mixture.
- In a bowl, add tofu, chickpeas, soy sauce, roasted nuts, 1 tablespoon of tahini paste, salt, pepper, bread crumbs and mix well by hand.
- To the tofu mix, add the sauteed vegetables and fold.
- Mould the mixture into burger size patties and fry in the pan with some oil for 2-2 1/2 minutes or till golden brown on both sides.
- Toast the buns.
For the garlic tahini sauce:
- Put the tahini paste into a bowl, and add chopped garlic, lemon juice, water, 1/2 tsp of salt and mix well until smooth.
To Serve: Slather the tahini paste on buns. Add rocket leaves, sandwich the patty in between. Serve with fries.