India led to a diversity of flavours and regional cuisines. Indian cuisine comprises of a figure of regional cuisines. The variety in soil type, climate, culture, ethnic group and occupations, these cuisines differ from each other mainly due to the use of nearby available spices, herbs, vegetables and fruits. Indian food is also influenced by religious and cultural choices and traditions. Foreign invasions, trade relations and colonialism had introduced certain foods to the country like potato, chillies and breadfruit. So here is the recipe of spicy dish of sprouts that is sprouts:
- Sprouted field beans (vaal) 3 cups
- Ginger 1/2 inches
- Garlic cloves 8
- Green chillies 4
- Oil 3 tablespoons
- Onions finely chopped 3 medium
- Cumin seeds 1 1/4 teaspoons
- Spring onions with greens chopped 4
- Fresh coriander leaves chopped 1/2 cup
- Fresh coconut scraped 3/4 cup
- Salt to taste
- Red chilli powder 2 teaspoons
- Turmeric powder 1 teaspoon
- Cumin powder 1 teaspoon
- Coriander powder 1 teaspoon
- Lemon juice 1 tablespoon
- Grind together ginger, garlic and green chillies to a smooth paste.
- Heat one tablespoon oil in a non-stick pan, add onions and sauté till golden. Remove the onions from the pan and set aside.
- Add remaining oil to the same pan and heat. Add cumin seeds and let them change colour.
- Add ground paste, mix well and cook till the oil releases on the sides of the pan.
- Add field beans, spring onions, coriander leaves, coconut, salt, chilli powder, turmeric powder, cumin powder and coriander powder and mix well.
- Add fried onions and mix again. Cover with lid and put some water on the lid. Reduce heat to low and cook for fifteen to twenty minutes or till the field beans are tender.
- Add lemon juice and mix well.
- Serve hot