- 5 eggs – separated
- 1 cup sugar
- 500 gm cream cheese
- 500 gm cream
- 24 sponge fingers or 250 gm sponge cake – cut into strips
- 1/4 cup coffee liqueur – mixed with 1 cup strong coffee
- Cocoa powder for garnish
- A round glass dish about 10 inches
- Beat egg yolks and sugar till creamy. Beat cream cheese till it gets smooth and then fold in the cream and egg mixture to mix well.
- Beat egg whites till stiff and fold into the mixture. Dip the sponge fingers/strips into the liqueur and coffee mixture and layer the bottom of the dish.
- Put 1 of the cream mixture and layer with the rest of the sponge fingers.
- Top with the rest of the cream mixture, smoothen to even out and leave to set for 6 hours or overnight.
- Just before serving, dust the cocoa over it through a fine sieve.