- Instant coffee powder 2 teaspoon tablespoons
- Mascarpone cheese ¾ cup
- chocolate cake discs 2 x3 inch
- Gelatin ½ tablespoon
- Egg yolks 3
- Sugar ¼ cup
- Whipped cream 1 cup
- Italian fingers for garnishing
- Cocoa powder for dusting
- Fresh mint leaves for garnishing
- Mix gelatin in 3 tablespoons hot water. Set aside.
- Whisk together egg yolks with sugar and 1 tablespoon water over a double boiler till the mixture reaches a ribbon stage.
- Mix coffee powder in 1 tablespoon hot water.
- Add mascarpone cheese and 2 teaspoons coffee decoction to the egg mixture and mix well. Add gelatin and mix. Fold in whipped cream.
- Place a chocolate cake disc in a 3 inch spring bottom tin. Drizzle some coffee decoction on it and spread a portion of the egg-cheese mixture on top. Tap a little. Place another chocolate cake disc on it and repeat the process. Level it out with a palette knife and refrigerate till set.
- Place the cheesecake on a serving platter. Halve 1-2 Italian fingers and place on top on one side. Dust with cocoa powder on the remaining side, garnish with mint leaves and serve.