The insecurity, loneliness, even the self-loathing that you might experience in the aftermath of a breakup needs to be addressed — and quickly, because before long, the loneliness could lead to depression. But if you heal sensibly, it will leave you stronger, maturer and you will soon be back on the road to happiness! The best way to handle a breakup is to move on,live fully,learn to love and laugh again.Don’t forget to breathe,meditate every day, exercise, and celebrate. And all this while, ensure that you eat normally — in other words, no binge eating! Take to yoga and meditation — but beware that you don’t spend the meditation time in thinking of negative thoughts.A serious practice of yoga helps us to recognise and look at our behaviour patterns. Eventually,thoughts become words, words lead to action and repeated actions become habits. Finally, habits get imbedded in our subconscious. The first important principle of yoga is that you do no harm — and that includes harm to yourself.
Yoga can help you get over that terrible mood of self-sabotage that always accompanies a breakup. Help the heart mend your wound and heal with this simple meditation:
● Sit in an easy cross-legged position, with your spine upright.
● Bring your hands in front of the centre of your heart, with the base of your palms touching each other, and with the thumbs touching each other. The pinkies of the hands should also touch each other as in lotus mudra.
● Focus your gaze on the tip of your nose, or to the centre space between your hands.
● Play a healing mantra as you sit in meditation. Say calmly,“I am a divine soul, I am a happy soul, I am a peaceful soul.” Chant this for 10 minutes every morning and evening. If you find this difficult, just focus on your breathing — in and out and meditate in the usual way, focusing on your breath.
● Stay in the present moment and allow these raw emotional wounds to heal naturally. We often think that we should be handling a break up better than we are.We tell ourselves things like “I should be over her by now,”or “I should be handling this better,” or “I shouldn’t let this get to me.”But, in actuality there is no ‘right’way to get over somebody. Learning is an important part of the healing process. Most importantly, give yourself time to heal. Getting over a relationship is not easy, but it is also not impossible. You can always overcome your emotions that are perhaps right now going haywire. Just calm down, and practise meditation to quieten the mind.Try and slowly ease out all negative feelings and thoughts and invite positivity into your life.