Experts say that, Men should focus on the healthy keep it simple and avoid wearing shirts or T-shirts with big logos to look chic. Samresh Das, designer and stylist of Numero UNO for menswear suggests some tips for men’s styling:
- The most dramatic improvement you can make in your style is to make sure everything fits impeccably. Most guys wear clothes that are too large. Make sure everything you wear is almost hugging the shape of your body – without being tight. Bad fit is an epidemic.
- Some sweaters are lean and others are big and chunky. The first rule of thumb is that your top and bottom halves need to match. If you’re wearing a big, chunky, rugged fisherman knit sweater, your bottom needs to be rugged, too. Don’t wear a fisherman’s sweater with a beautiful silk-and-wool suit pant. Instead, wear it with something as casual as cargos or jeans, or dress it up with a Harris Tweed blazer.
- It’s always better to be a little bit overdressed than underdressed in any setting. All you have to do is think about where and who you’re going to be with and just step it up one notch. But make sure you’re not better dressed than someone who is more important in a certain setting, like your boss.
- Everyone wants a wardrobe that looks good on them, but never overdoes it. Do not wear too much jewellery or more than three colours. If you want to look classy and trendy at the same time, a simple white shirt, a dark pair of jeans, a casual belt with a nice pair of sneakers or loafers will do.
- Beware of buying something just because it is “in” right now. Just stick to what you truly like. A lot of people rush to get in on the latest trend and end up with a bunch of clothes they do not ever wear. It is better to learn to build a versatile and timeless wardrobe first and then bring in your own twists with some new fashion tricks.
- Your top and bottom halves need to match. If you are wearing a rugged knit tee, your bottom needs to be rugged, too. Never wear chunky tees with casual pants. Wristbands create a cool style statements if paired with T-shirts, casual shirts and denims.