Three Dead, 100 Sick After Consuming Pork At A Feast

353

In an suspected case with food poisoning no less than three people, including a minor, have died and more than 100 others became after eating pork at a feast in Meghalaya’s Ri Bhoi area, authorities said today.

Two people including seven year-old kid of Nongkya town died last night at Umsning Community Health Center (CHC) while someone else who became sick to Shillong Civil Hospital also passed on, area authorities told leading news agency.

Ri-Bhoi locale medicinal and wellbeing officer Bareh P Lamin said several individuals of Nongkya town who delighted in the feast after a church service at the town on Sunday, numerous villagers were taken to hospitals in Shillong, including NEIGRIHMS.

More than 30 patients were admitted in the CHC and 25 were admitted at the Nongpoh CHC, he said.

Lamin said the villagers became sick after they eat pork and rice at a feast Sunday evening.

Joint Commissioner of Food Safety S N Sangma said a group of food security officers were rushed to the town to gather food samples which brought on the food poisoning influencing most of the populace at the town.

“At first sight, it is a food poisoning case which come about in the wake of devouring pork and rice at a religious feast Sunday evening,” he said

He said the food security officers have gathered food tests and a similar will be sent for testing at the Guwahati-based Public Health Laboratory at the soonest.

NO COMMENTS