Shirdi Ke Sai Baba, Or Sai was a modern day spiritual master who is followed by many but understood by less. Sai baba was a saint who had no love for materialistic things and solely believed in the concept of self realization, moksha and the circle of life. In the 19th century only a handful of people knew him. Sai baba never called him a god and always believed in forgiveness and inner peace.
He followed both Islam and Hinduism and never discriminated anyone on the basis of religion. He used to take his devotees problems on him, and kept on dying from inside day by day. Here are some little facts about shirdi sai baba you would like to know!
1. Sai helped distressed people, it was considered as miracles but it was done to show off power
2. No one knows Sai’s real name. He used to look like “Fakir”. He preached people from religious books
3. It’s not clear that which religion Baba belonged from. This is because of the perception that most of the Hindu Gods have their ears pierced while he did not have pierced ears.
4. Sai Baba used to sing about Allah in Hindu Temple and about Rama and Shiva in a mosque. He used to pray Allah as Ishwar.
5.He was born in Brahmin family and hence people consider him to be a Brahmin. But he was handed to a fakir who brought him up with Islamic faith for about five years.
6.In his teachings, he emphasized the importance of performing one’s duty without attachment to earthly matters and of being content regardless of the situation.
7. Baba lived under tree for five years and often wander in the Jungle around Shirdi.