Tandoori Fish is an interesting snack recipe to prepare for your family and friends on occasions like kitty party, pot lucks and get-togethers. This snack recipe is made with a thick marination of Indian spices and yoghurt and tastes super-delicious. This tandoori recipe is best served with green chutney or sauce. Try it!
500 gm salmon fish
8 cloves garlic
1 piece ginger
1 tablespoon grated lime zest
1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon gram flour (besan)
50 gm coriander leaves
2 tablespoon lime juice
1 tablespoon red chilli powder
1/2 tablespoon garam masala powder
50 ml vegetable oil
100 gm hung curd
- Make a fine paste with half of vegetable oil, garlic, coriander, ginger, red chili powder, cumin powder, garam masala, lime juice and zest, and salt.
- Heat the remaining oil in a pan and add the gram flour, stirring to make a paste, and cook for about a minute till fragrant and lightly coloured.
- Add the mixture to the spice paste and combine with the yogurt. Mix well all the ingredients for the marinade. Wash the fish and cut them into cubes.
- Gently rub the marinade over the fish pieces and marinate for an hour. Pre-heat the oven to 200 degree Celsius and spread out the marinated fish in a baking dish.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes on the top rack turning the fish pieces once. Baste once or twice during cooking. Serve hot with chutney or sauce.