This Chinese style soups is a big warm hug in a bowl. Made with cream corn, fresh corn kernels and bits of carrots and cabbage that add more flavour, colour bite this fuss free soup is quick to prepare. White pepper powder perfectly complements the delicious sweetness of the corn but you can feel free to add your favourite Chinese sauce to spike it up! This thick vegetable sweet corn soup is comfort food for the soul. So here is the recipe:
- Sweet corn kernels boiled 1/2 cup
- Vegetable stock 4 cups
- Oil 1 tablespoon
- Cabbage 1/4 small
- Carrot finely chopped 1/4 medium
- Sweet corn ( cream style) 2 cups
- White pepper powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Cornflour/ corn starch 3 tablespoons
- Heat oil in a non stick wok. Grate cabbage and add to the hot oil. Add carrot and sauté on high heat for 1-2 minutes.
- Add cream style sweet corn and mix well. Add 4 cups vegetable stock and mix and allow it to come to a boil.
- Mix pepper powder in 2 tbsps water and add to the soup along with salt and mix well.
- Add corn kernels and allow it to come to a boil again. Mix cornflour in 2 tbsps water and add to the soup and cook till it thickens. Serve hot.