Survivors unlikely onboard missing IAF aircraft AN-32: Manohar Parrikar


New Delhi: It is unlikely that there would be any survivors on board the missing AN-32 plane, Minister of State for Defence told the Lok Sabha on Friday. The aircraft, flying from Chennai to Port Blair and carrying 29 passengers, went missing soon after it took off on July 22. Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar has overseen search and rescue operations, but no trace of the aircraft has been found.

Supreme Court fined to Centre over road accidents

Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar had earlier said at the beginning of Monsoon session that search and rescue operation was being carried out on full scale. 

Responding to a supplementary, Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar said in the last 24 months, no life has been lost in an air crash involving air force planes, barring the case of the AN-32 incident. “Upgradation, modernisation and replacement of military aircraft depend upon the national security/threat perception, strategic objectives and operational requirements of the defence forces and is reviewed by the government from time to time. This is a continuous process,” he said.

He also iterated that no casualties were reported in any aircraft crash in last 24 months except in the case of AN-32.

Click here for more latest hindi news