Students of Rajasthan and UP did well in terms of performance in JEE advanced this year
In Uttar Pradesh, around 14.92 per cent students qualified to IIT this year, the state topped in terms of successful IIT applicants. Out of 25,566 student, 12.49 per cent students are from Jaipur, Rajasthan.
Mostly students who qualified for the IIT JEE Advance are from Hindi background.
Other states from which IIT has got students:
- Maharashtra: 8.85 per cent students have qualified for IIT
- Bihar: 7.42 per cent students have made it to IIT
- The students who have qualified from Rajasthan are from all boards including RBSE, CBSE ICSE and IB
Explanation on students qualifying in huge numbers from Jaipur:
- "Most of the schools have adopted an integrated system by preparing students for IITs. It has provided an ease for students to take up competitive exams in the highly educative environment," said Damodar Goyal of Society for Private Unaided School in Rajasthan
- This year, three students from Jaipur are a part of the top 10 club for IIT qualifiers
- Data says that this year, 12 students from Rajasthan including seven from Jaipur and four from Kota made it to the top 100 list of JEE advanced
Board-wise ranking for JEE advanced qualifiers:
- Telangana leads the list of boards from which the most number of students qualified for JEE
- Following Telangana, Maharashtra is next in the list
- Rajasthan Board has secured position three